COVID-19 Health and Safety Plan
- We will hold two identical and slightly simplified services each Sunday morning at 8:30 AM and 11:00 AM. 11:00 AM will be live streamed on our website.
- We encourage all of those in high-risk groups (elderly, immune-compromised, diabetic, etc.) to evaluate their situation and consider staying home for live stream worship if the risk is too great.
- We ask that if you (or anyone in your family) are sick, feverish or not feeling well please stay home and worship with the live stream at 11:00 AM.
- We will maintain 50% or less capacity of our sanctuary. According to the Mt. Lebanon fire code, 482 people is our maximum capacity, so we will maintain 241 people or less in our sanctuary.
- Face masks are strongly recommended but not required. Please wear a face mask unless you are in your pew for worship. If you do not have a face mask, disposable masks will be available at the door.
- We encourage those who attend to be prepared to maintain a six-foot social distance from others when entering the building, sitting in the pews or attending Christian education classes.
- We encourage all those who enter and leave the church to wash or sanitize their hands.
- Interior doors will be propped open whenever possible.
- We will designate every other row of pews as “closed” with signs.
- There will be red offering boxes at the entrances to the sanctuary for tithes and offerings.
- Bottles of hand sanitizer will be in each pew.
- We will provide disinfecting wipes in the restrooms for individuals to use to wipe sink handles and door handles as they exit.
- We will use the time between services to wipe down all pews, handrails, door handles and any other “high touch” surfaces.
- We will keep a supply of sanitization products in our copy room on the A-Level and kitchen in the B-Level; we ask that groups please wipe down their space after meeting.
- If potential exposure to COVID-19 were to occur at Beverly Heights, the congregation will be notified.
Updated June, 2020